Thursday, April 12, 2012

Gaining weight

I took my son to the pediatrician this morning for his monthly med check. He has always been super skinny. We have a hard time getting him to eat and keeping weight on him. Today, he had actually gained a pound! This peds office was instrumental in getting us thinking about changing our eating habits and was thrilled when they found out we were doing Dr. Fuhrman's program.

The Nurse Practitioner was thrilled! I said, "That funny because the rest of us have lost weight."

She said, "That's the best thing about this plan. Those who need to lose weight, lose. Those who need to gain weight, gain. Your body knows what it needs and utilizes your food accordingly."

Amazing! It amazes me that our bodies work the way they do when we give them the right fuel. Thinking of food as fuel is a new concept for me.

My only regret is that I wish I had done this many years ago.

1 comment:

  1. Sheri,
    So happy you are doing this. I am getting into it too. I recently watched Hungry for Change and Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead and made up my mind to try hard to make the changes. I bought the very pricey Food Matters Recipe Book and a juicer and both my husband and I are feeling pretty good about ourselves. I did still make my Easter lasagna but I figure in time I will get 100% there.

    ReplyDelete