Thursday, April 12, 2012

Banana Applesauce Breakfast Cookies

I had a friend ask me on Facebook just what exactly do we do for breakfast. I have to admit, I am the world's worst getter-upper in the morning. So, I try to do easy peasy! Here is one option:

My mother introuced us to these breakfast cookies. They were on pinterest, but they did not trace back to a blog entry or webpage so I have no idea who to give credit to. If someone knows, please let me know and I will add the credit.

This is the best and most awesome breakfast cookie ever! And the best part, no flour, no sugar, and no dairy added!

1.5 cups of oats
2-3 super rippened bananas (mashed)
1 cup of unsweetened applesauce
handful of dried cranberries to taste (we have also done raisins)
handful of walnuts
cinnamon

Pretty much just throw everything together, mix it up pretty well, throw it on a baking sheet at 350 for about 35 minutes.

They are great warm and right out of the oven. As they sit they do get a bit sponge-y, but I like them that way and so do my kids.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE it!! Thank you! My kid is allergic to bananas :( But I think I can totally work with this baked oatmeal idea... maybe canned pumpkin instead.

    ReplyDelete