Thursday, April 19, 2012

Cajun Shrimp Salad


Tonight I made an amazing shrimp salad. It was yummy and everyone devoured it. Because I am gracious, I will share the recipe with you *wink*.

The salad :

Romaine lettuce
Corn (I used frozen, I'd bet roasted corn on the cob would be FAB)
Roma tomatoes - chopped
Cucumber - chopped

Topped with Cajun shrimp :

I simply used frozen shrimp that I rinsed and thawed. I removed the tails and tossed in the tiniest bit of olive oil and some cajun seasoning. I then heated them in a skillet until they were warn and a bit browned.

The dressing:

The dressing was the star here. I simply followed the directions from a post I read on Dr. Ben Kim's website. It is 1/3 olive oil (1/3 the amount of dressing you would like to make), 1/4 fresh squeezed lemon juice, 1/4 honey, 2 T dijon mustard, pinch of sea salt and some minced garlic. I mixed mine in a wide mouth mason jar and shook it like crazy. It was amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment