Thursday, May 17, 2012

OMG Chili

Tonight I came home and had no real inspiration for dinner.  I decided to throw together an easy chili.  My last time I made chili, my husband said that we should add some ground turkey.   Dr. Fuhrman does allow some meat, but he specifies that it should be good quality meat that is antibiotic free, hormone free and grass fed, etc.  I decided that instead of buying ground turkey in that tube you cannot see through, I would get some free range, hormone and antibiotic free chicken.  The chili turned out wonderfully! 

In a large soup pot combine :
3 cans of chili beans
1 can of dark kidney beans
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 can of tomato sauce
1 large chopped onion
1 green pepper diced 
2 T of chili powder  (or to taste)
pepper


For chicken :
Boil one chicken breast until no longer pink.  Chop into cubes and place in food processor.  Process until it is "ground" consistency.  Add to chili.

Simmer for 30 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment