Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Eggplant Chips


I have been addicted to these for about a week now.  
I have perfected the way I make them and thought I would share. 


I thinly slice the eggplant and lay them on paper towels.
Lightly salt the eggplant slices and leave them for about an hour to get the extra water out of them.  
Here you can just see the water on top of the slices.
After an hour or so, take a papertowel and dab off the water, the bottom paper towels will be soaked. 
Place them on a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a baking stone sprayed with a bit of olive oil and drizzle a tiny bit of olive oil over the slices and then shake on garlic powder and paprika
Bake in a 400 degree oven (my smooth cook top died and I wanted to replace it quickly until I decided what I really wanted.  I have become completely enamored with my VERY old, GE,  $50 Craigslist find.  It works amazingly well and probably has many more years in her. I named her Muriel, isn't she cute!?) 


I like my chips pretty well done.  They take anywhere from 30-50 minutes.  Depending on how fresh the eggplant is, how long you waited before dabbing off the water, and how thick they are sliced.

No comments:

Post a Comment