Friday, July 6, 2012

Saucy Rice

Made this up on the fly last night.  I got a physician's note for my kid's daycare program to remove dairy and processed foods from their meals.  On the days that the main dish does not meat this criteria, I have been providing their main dish.  Last night, I remembered that it was hot dog day and I had nothing to make in the fridge.

I quickly surveyed the pantry and whipped up a new keeper in our house!

Saucy Rice

Medium onion diced
clove of garlic
1 cup of frozen corn
1 can of diced tomatoes, not drained
1 can of black beans drained and rinsed
1/2 tsp of cumin
1/2 tsp paprika

6 servings of brown rice

Dice a medium onion and a clove of garlic and saute in a bit of olive oil until transparent.  Add frozen corn and saute for 2-3 minutes longer until they are just browning. Add can of diced tomatoes and beans and seasoning.  Simmer for 5 minutes.

Serve on a bed of steamed brown rice.


Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment