Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Southwestern Bean Burger

I used this recipe and tweaked it because, well, I can't do anything as I am told.  It was a WINNER!

3 cloves of chopped garlic
1 medium vidalia onion
1/4 cup of corn
1/4 cup of red bell peppers chopped
1/2 cup of medium salsa
1 can of black beans rinsed
1/2 - 1 cup of fine cornmeal
1 tsp of ground cumin
1 tsp of cilantro

Saute onions and garlic until onions are transparent.  Add red peppers and corn and saute for a couple more minutes.  Rinse black beans and buzz about 3/4 of can in food processor with 1/2 c of salsa and place in a bowl. When vegetables are sauted, place in food processor and buzz to a creamy consistency.  Add to bowl with beans.  Add whole beans, cilantro and cumin and mash everything together.  Add cornmeal to make mixture stick together.  I added a bit more than a cup to where I felt it would make patties.

I made 16 small patties (cookie size).  Placed them on my baking stone and baked at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.  (15 minutes each side)

I served with a simple guacamole, romaine leaves and roma tomato slices.The rice is a rice blend and a can of tomatoes and chiles. 



No comments:

Post a Comment